Saturday, 29 January 2011
I'd like to introduce you to the 3 newest members of our family: Mildred, Penelope and Keith. They're our chookens that we got on Thursday. I got them from a family who live on 60 acres on the edge of Geelong and love country music so much that they send baby presents to Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban every time they have a kid. I put the country music radio station on for them on the drive home so they wouldn't miss living with their previous family. I think they liked it because they presented us with an egg only a few hours after they'd settled into their new home. PS Keith is a girl although we often refer to her as a he. And she wasn't named after Mr Urban but Penelope Keith from The Good Life.
Friday, 28 January 2011
Thursday, 20 January 2011
Wednesday, 19 January 2011
Our hearts are broken with yours
Meals and muffins don't stay fresh in the mail
We are all praying and crying with you
We are here when you need to talk or a shoulder
All our love your sisters & family- too far away
We love you to the moon & London & Back
Tuesday, 18 January 2011
There are a few things that I am finding seriously awesome today. In no particular order:
- The blog being blogged while I wasn't blogging. I've loved jumping on and seeing my sisters and their kids and boyfriends and lives (often from the stolen internet at the Mac store, thanks Mac!). Thank you sisters, especially Linny, your posts have rocked! They've made me laugh, tear up and grin at what an awesome family I have.
- Carrots from our garden. Not planted by me, thanks to Mrs Slade for being such a great gardener.
- Last night's dinner of grilled vegetables with rosemary and garlic on garlic and olive oil spaghetti. Again, thanks to Mrs Slade for her wonderful rosemary plants that I can just wander out and grab a sprig from for dinner.
- Friendly neighbours that collect our mail, pop in to tell us we've left our car lights on, stop by for a chat, invite us over for dinner. Coolio.
- Friends visiting from Amsterdam. Some already been and gone, but more coming. Yay!
- Hanging the washing outside with Langlan rolling around on the picnic blanket, and eating the grass.
- A seriously awesome husband who can fix broken ovens. That's big time awesome.