Saturday 29 January 2011

Hello Girls

I'd like to introduce you to the 3 newest members of our family: Mildred, Penelope and Keith. They're our chookens that we got on Thursday. I got them from a family who live on 60 acres on the edge of Geelong and love country music so much that they send baby presents to Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban every time they have a kid. I put the country music radio station on for them on the drive home so they wouldn't miss living with their previous family. I think they liked it because they presented us with an egg only a few hours after they'd settled into their new home. PS Keith is a girl although we often refer to her as a he. And she wasn't named after Mr Urban but Penelope Keith from The Good Life.

1 comment:

Triniti the Luddite said...

I am so jealous! You guys are going to be self sufficient soon enough - alls you need now is a wee goat and a cow and a pig and you are good to go.
Welcome to the family girls...I will gladly participate in collecting eggs and providing you with vege scraps in May when we see you...I have some other keen animal people who will gladly chase you around and probably put you off your wonderful laying!