Tuesday 12 March 2013

Rejection with a side order of Encouragement

It's late and I am weary, but I have much to say. My much to say will be cut short as I am not able to keep my eyes open for much longer!
Yesterday Connor tried out for a State Cricket team. He made it through to the second round and has just come back from that. He didn't make the cut.
He was rejected and he had to deal with it. Rejection for Connor is tough as he has had very little...however he seems to be dealing with it fabulously. With his rejection has come resolve...resolve to train more, resolve to be better, resolve to not let the rejection be a brick wall too high to climb over. I am pretty proud of that.
I am also proud of the sweet, kind words of the girl that had to be on the side line yet again who said, "You did so good Connor. I would have picked you on my team and we would have totally won!"
Connor has a sign in his room that says 'Being a BIG brother is better than being a superhero.' To Kenzi her big brother is her super hero.
Some lessons in life are tough, but I am pretty grateful that this has happened. WE get to input and encourage, build up and support so that when rejection and failure comes he knows he has support and strategies to deal.
And so I continue to be a very proud Mummy of two pretty great kids and I am grateful every day.
No pictures, just some weary heartfelt words.

1 comment:

Calli Strawberry Jam said...

Mega big lots proud of this boy, and this girl! Cx