Friday 11 November 2011

Strawberry Fields Forever

 
This is what $2 worth of strawberries looks like.  Actually, this is what $1.50 worth of strawberries looks like. 

Langy G and I are just back from our local fruit shop (oh Fruit Shack, how I love you) which has a specials rack out the back.  I noticed it had a box of punnets of strawberries for $2.  They were the double sized punnets so I figured they were $2 a punnet.  However, (big however) the strawberries inside the shop were only $1.79 for the same size.  I asked the girl at the check out if it was $2 for the whole box and it was.  I ran, not walked, but ran outside and grabbed the box. 

The lady in front of me at the check out came over to me because she had heard me asking the check out girl about the strawberries.  After much conversing she ended up buying one of the punnets off me for 50 cents.  I actually didn't own the strawberries yet so I'm not sure how legal our sale was but she was happy and so was I because my strawberries now cost me $1.50.  And just in case you're wondering, I did offer for her to just take a punnet but she wouldn't (maybe because I didn't own them yet?!) and I offered her more but she only wanted the one.  I'm not that much of a hard sell! 

So, it's strawberry heaven in this house  now. 

And this is what Langy G looks like after a strawberry, banana and yogurt milkshake.  Satisfied.

Little note: Blogger is spastic and won't put my photos where I want them. Poopy-head blogger.

4 comments:

Mumma..xoxoxoxo said...

We will just have to believe you about the strawberries as there is not a picture in sight, no Cadel Evans (or Not)either!!
Oh where have all the photos gone? Must be a photo bandit around! Enjoy those Strawberried Langlan!! Love you

Linny said...

what drugs are you on Vonny?!?!? As I can see the photos of tose scrumptious looking strawberries just fine!!! Must be your computer?!? Great score Ferry!! Yum...looking forward to christmas time strawberries, watermelon, stone fruit yum yum yum!!! xo

Mumma..xoxoxox said...

yes, the photos have now arrived at our computer too and I can see all those scumptious strawberries and that very scrumptious boy!!!

Triniti the Luddite said...

i would have run with you cal. loads and loads of yum and for 2 dollars. rippa.