Monday 30 January 2012

Cropping

Sometimes blog posts only tell half the story. They are filled with creativity, sunshine, good food, wonderful family, great friends. They show the sunny side of the street, not the dark, murky, smelly and decidedly messy corners of life.

Well, here's one to change all that, no cropping to edit out the mess surrounding me right now.








These photos were taken 10 minutes ago and capture the frustration of my afternoon. Frustrations like Langlan being such a great banana that I couldn't buckle him into the bike trailer so had to break my back bending over and pushing his little bike to the park. A park that neither kid wanted to play at when we got there. Or the second park which had been repeatedly requested but paled into comparison with the first park which we then didn't have time to play at because we'd spent all the playing time getting to the second park.

And getting home? Just as frustrating. Tantrums all round (including me). Snarls in all directions. Refusals to do a.n.y.t.h.i.n.g. Food and drink all over the floor. Grunts. Pyramids (Langlan's new take on throwing a wobbly). And now a little bit of peace.

The house has gone back to one child. A child who stole my ice block and absconded to the lounge to munch it. I've put a load of washing on, cleaned up the spilt milk without crying and put my feet up. The rest of the mess will still be there after I've taken a few moments to regain my sanity.

Thank you DHS, juice ice blocks and blogger for giving me this moment. It is very much appreciated.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dont remember you chucking a wobbley ...must come from andrews side ..love you all dad xxxoooo

Triniti the Luddite said...

oh, how I love realness and honesty. In your house where I imagine every day is perfect and sweet and calm. I love hearing that just maybe you are real too! Love Trin

Mum...xoxoxoxo said...

This too shall pass!! Glad you took the time to put your feet up and gain sanity again! It happens to all mums!(insanity I mean! Comes with having kids!!) Love you