Wednesday 25 April 2012

ANZAC

This morning the alarm went off at 4am. I rolled over and wanted so badly to go back to sleep, to snuggle down in my warm, cozy covers and rest a while longer.....but then I thought about our boys on those boats. You know the ones. the ones that landed on the wrong beach at sun-up on the 25th April. Those boys who were all brothers or husbands or uncles or sons. Those boys who really had no idea but did it anyway...for their families and the families of those people whose country they were trying to bring peace to.
I do not understand war, but I understand that these boys deserved me getting up at 4am and joining the other 8000 people that gathered at Nobbies to remember them.

I have  few photo's that Pobj's phone is not letting me bluetooth. I will pop them on later.

2 comments:

Mum...xoxoxoxox said...

Good on your household! I joined you in getting up before dawn to go to CT with 300 others, it was amazing and very moving. Kati did her bit in Bula with her ambulance for dawn as well and listened to the kookas laugh in the dawn! Thank you to those heroic boys and for what their families gave up.

Rohan said...

Lest We Forget
(Gregson park in Hamilton had a very moving service as well)