Thursday 26 July 2012

What's Cooking Good Looking?

Mixing, pouring, whisking and rolling seems to be happening a whole lot around here lately. I've started doing a weekly menu again and it's inspiring a bunch of madness in the kitchen. As always I have my trusty assistant on hand to grab, lick and taste (he's the one doing it, I'm not grabbing, licking or tasting him!).




Here we have mostly-topped pizza, Langlan stole the salami and the little sprinkling of cheese? That's the pizza done in Langlan's mind.




And just for interests sake, we made 2 of these to drop around to friends. We made the bases (Jim Lahey's of course), par baked them til they were firm, topped them, then dropped them. A nice little change on dropping off lasagna or shepherd's pie!








We've also been whizzing up homemade lemon cordial (thanks to Mum for passing on the ABC recipe) on my new-to-me juicer ($5 at the oppy!).




We just sometimes have to remember to not juice our hands.








This gloriousness was made with the help of 2 little boys who ended the cooking session as sticky as could be. Just the way we like it around here. We used this recipe for the cheesecake (double yum) and swirled some of this ontop.




And just in case you doubt that I'm one of the luckiest girls in the world, here's proof. I had a pretty icky day yesterday. Andrew came home from work, bundled me off to bed, and made melting moments with Langlan. They're delicious. And so is my husband.












And today? Langlan and I made stromboli. It's hanging about in the fridge right now and we'll be popping it in the oven for tea.
Had to leave you with a laugh: on Sunday I was packing up some meat to take for a BBQ. This was my classic thought: I never realised spare ribs have bones in them. And then I thought about it. They're RIBS. Der.

2 comments:

Triniti the Luddite said...

Yummy yummy. I return the question: Do you home deliver?

Linny said...

All looks yum yum yummy!!!!