Tuesday 25 September 2012

With Love.....

The computer is doing strange things to me...
But at least it loaded the photos this time...(be it in a weird way!!)

Anyway...just wanted to remember a wonderful man...

I have been remembering the excitement that used to build before our Christmas party up the hill.  How we used to count down the time until we could run up...
How we would sit politely...waiting...waiting...but looking all around trying to find those hidden presents before we were told we could start the 'treasure hunt'...

I remember a mischievious twinkle in Mr Youldon's eye...and a wink at me...as I took my sisters presents and hid them in harder spots if I thought Mrs Youldon had been too kind!  I never did finish last...and Mr Youldon always knew why!

The wrapped up money under our plates...the 'fancy' food.

The Christmas day gift that we carefully carried down the hill and placed under our own tree.

The service when we wandered up for a visit "What can I get you to drink?  A half and half?"
Oh how I loved the old half and half...I am going to go and buy some lemonade and coke this week and toast a wonderful man!

The billy cart races...I remember sitting on my billy cart at the top of Mr Youldon's driveway and he was sitting on Lee's to race me..."Ready-Set"...and off he went!  Never saying "Go" so that he could get a head start on me...

At Christmas time it was our childrens turn...instead of half and half they were rewarded with a lolly from the lolly jar when they wandered up the hill...

I got upset when I went to see him at Christmas time and Mrs Youldon wasn't sitting in her usual chair...it just didn't seem right...at all.  We had a cry together and Mr Youldon said to me "We are like a pair of old shoes Jackie and I - one is just no good without the other"....

So now our hearts are hurting...a lot...but that 'pair of old shoes' are back together again...for eternity...it is as it should be...

Goodbye Mr Youldon...
We love you...
We miss you...xxxxx

2 comments:

Linny said...

P.S. I SOOOOO love that picture of Mr Youldon. It is the way I always remember him..xx

Anonymous said...

its a perfecr picture. And Christmas was never the same or quite so magical once the "Youldon" part ended :-( We will all honour and mourn him most magnifiantly better then his funeral. How dare the 2 most amazing people refuse eugogolies! kt mac xxx