Friday 14 December 2012

Film Review

Miraculously I managed to watch 3 films on the plane. On the 14 hour flight I watched 15 minutes of The Odd Life of Timothy Green just before we landed and then on the shorter flight I watched the rest as well Moonrise Kingdom and Salmon Fishing in the Yemen.


Moonrise Kingdom was bizarre. Yup. I'm not sure I've made my mind up about it yet. And the other 2 were just plain awesome.


I cried and laughed and was reminded of Connor throughout the whimsically beautiful The Odd Life of Timothy Green. Trinny, I think you will especially love this one but make sure you have a box of tissues handy. No more explanations, just watch it.


The same goes for Salmon Fishing in the Yemen. It's a bizarre name for a film, I wasn't sure that it wouldn't be some dodgy foreign film with subtitles and men in nightgowns running around rushing around with fishing rods in the desert. There were men in nightgowns, fishing rods and desert but not in a dodgy foreign film kind of way. I love Ewan McGregor in most things (as diverse as Big Fish and The Long Way Round) so the fact that he's in it got me interested. Anyways, I watched it, I loved it.

Anyone else got any film recommendations? Good or bad? I always feel like a deer in the headlights when I have to choose the film for movie night!

2 comments:

Triniti the Luddite said...

Take Mean Girls 2 off your list of movies to watch! Just in case you thought you might want to.

I cannot wait to see these other 2 movies.

Anonymous said...

Hugo was magical seen on plane. Kt