Sunday 7 December 2008

Double Trouble 18th

It feels like light years have passed since I've put a post up.  I guess I've done a lot in a little while and it seems like a long time.  I've travelled across the globe, surprised everyone by coming back to Oz early, house-hunted rigorously, hung out (lots), mowed, weeded, dug, shopped, cooked, vacuumed, swept, sewed and washed up.  Andrew has been in Geelong for a week working and I've been up at the farm with the parentals.  I'm staying at Trin's for the next few days, just spreading the love about.  I've done lots of blog worthy stuff but the lack of internet access and no camera has put me off.  Last night Mum and I snapped a few pics on her camera and I'm nabbing the Pobjie's internet to post a little bit of Dani and Kayla's 18th.  We had to dress as famous pairs, and this is what we came up with.
My last minute costume scheming ended up as a partridge in a pear tree.  I figured I was hitting the mark twice, the partridge and the pear tree are a famous pair from the 12 days of Christmas and the pear tree is pretty famous.  I smelt of dead ants though, I cut down the wrong branch off the gum tree and got swarmed with ants.

Mum and Dad came as Bill and Ben the Flower Pot Men.  Dad was a little dubious due to their questionable sexual persuasions.
Gwenny came as a pair of pears.  She had to adjust her low-hanging costume after someone suggested that the pears might be mistaken for a pair of something else.
And the Pobjies, the best dressed family of the night.  We had the princess and the pea and Mr Bump and Mr Strong.  Awesome, awesome, awesome.  Well done Trinny!
It was such a great night.  The best party I've been to since I was last in Oz.  Family, friends, food, costumes and a whole lotta laughs - the best kind of parties.  Happy 18th Spani and Kayla-Shayla!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i miss you Calli........like the sun misses the rain. No, actually that's how i need you.

Anonymous said...

double trouble....or twice the joy?

Kt Mac said...

YEY, aweswome costumes family and trin I am so impressed you like being funny and frumpy instead of a stunning princess!! Awesome. I hate that I could have should ahve been there! XXXXXXXX