Tuesday 22 June 2010

Sold

Since we got back from Oz I've had 2 chances to offload my goodies. The first time was Queen's Day and I was in a frenzy trying to get stuff done as we only got back to Amsterdam a few weeks before the big day. The usual cast of characters set up stall FAR too early for my liking (although I did sneak back to the house for a little nap in the morning) and we had a hoot of a day even though it was ch-ch-chilly. People loved our stuff and it was so nice to hear so many compliments, and to have repeat customers from last year who specifically came looking for us!
The second opportunity was a benefit concert last Friday night. A friend of mine was selling some of her stuff and at the last minute asked me to come along and sell my stuff too. I scrounged around and found enough stuff left from Queen's Day and a few other unfinished things that I could quickly finish and I set up shop. It was a great night chatting with people, listening to the awesome musicians and just generally hanging out. And it was also cool that I could sell my stuff, make a little money for me and give a big chunk to support Love for Kids - Russia.

Yay, I love being creative!

1 comment:

Triniti the Luddite said...

Oh what marvellous fun and SOOO very creative. YOur stuff as always looks super duper...little wonder people came back for seconds. Wishing I was with you crafting and selling!