Wednesday 5 October 2011

PRECIOUS PINENUTS!!!!!

Hello all...sorry I have been absent for so long...
Blame it on the visitors!! He, he, he..
& the actual truth that I rarely get a moment to sit down
at the computer and actually try to string two sentences
together!

I haven't downloaded any photos lately either...but i promise to
put something more interesting up than this asap!

But here is my little story for today...

How much do you all pay for pinenuts in Oz???

I have made a new recipe tonight...it's a pumpkin, baby spinach
& pinenut salad... I will tell you how it tasted once we have eaten it!
(Andy still currently putting the girls in to bed!)

I bought some pinenuts in New World...they price them there in 100g lots...
so it wasn't until I went through the checkout that I saw the actual price
per kilo...

$126 per kilo! Yep that's right - $126!!!

I didn't even get the whole amount needed as I thought they would be a ridiculous price!
So i got this tiny handful that cost me over $4 and man am I going
to savour every mouthful!!

Love to you all,
Linny & her precious pinenuts!!! xoxox xoxo xox xo x

3 comments:

Calli Strawberry Jam said...

Ouch! I bet that salad tastes good though, you may have to post the recipe for me if it tastes as yummy as it sounds.

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha ha. That is "NUTS" I love that salad though xxx K

Anonymous said...

yum yum yum. Love oven baked pumpkin. Pumpkin seeds work just as well i have found and are pretty good.