Tuesday 1 December 2009

Where to start

Let’s start from the very beginning, 
A very good place to start.  
When you read you begin with ABC, 
When you travel you begin with gay Pareeeeee! 

Note that the photos are all in random order.  Just warning you.
We had a long stopover in Paris and as it was date night we figured we had to be all romantic and have a date in the City of Lights.  We wandered about the city (me with rubber bands holding up the bottom of my trousers!), wending our way up to Sacre Coeur.  The last time I was here I was proposed to by a guy with a beer cup plastered to his hand and was pick pocketed by one of a number of little cheeky street urchins.  This time it was much less event-filled but still beautiful as we climbed the stairs and gazed out over Paris.  At the bottom of the hill we bought crepes (all good trips to Paris MUST include crepes) and continued wandering.  Andrew took photos of the bikes for Dad, you know the ones he always talks about?  We also happened upon the sweetest little cake shop.  The front window was filled with the most amazingly coloured giant cookie things, so Andrew got his French out and we bought a lavender cookie.  It was goooooood.  After all our munching, romancing and wandering it was time to head back to the station where I almost peed myself laughing as they have people to cram you into the train even when it’s pretty much full (I only thought this happened in Japan!). 

4 comments:

Kt Mac said...

Ha ha ha- romantic lavander cookies! Oh my Calli you are a danger to travel with in Paris- you seem to attract the theifs (say it dad go on Feifs!!!!) Love the Station pict Andy and the Alien beaming tower one!!! And Calli you will so have to read Almost French the book I am slogging through as it will give you a laugh about your jeans and elastic bands offending the fashion concious Parisians!!!! Love you both xxx

Kt Mac said...

Ha ha ha- romantic lavander cookies! Oh my Calli you are a danger to travel with in Paris- you seem to attract the theifs (say it dad go on Feifs!!!!) Love the Station pict Andy and the Alien beaming tower one!!! And Calli you will so have to read Almost French the book I am slogging through as it will give you a laugh about your jeans and elastic bands offending the fashion concious Parisians!!!! Love you both xxx

Linny said...

kt mac always tries to steal the show with her 'double comments'!!!!! Ooh, Paris! Remember when we were there in 1997Ferry! You weren't very fashionable then either so at least you are keeping the same standard!!! remember that supermarket and the girl with the 'key' had rollerskates on to go from checkout to checkout! Oh and Trin, remember our doomed river cruise in the rain!!! Agh, the memories! We should get those photos out in march!

Triniti the Luddite said...

Ahhh pAris the city of LOVE. I have to go back there with my lover...I do not have very fond memories of Paris...I remember I was tired and wanted to get back and see Mr O!!!!!!!
This looks very beautiful.