Tuesday 28 June 2011

Lamentable

Our back yard is definitely lamentable. It has no glorious flowers like Calico's, it has no big Christmas tree like Kt's, it has no snow or special garden boxes like Linny's and it has no awesomeness like the farm. Sometimes I walk out and despair, pull my hair out or just sob, depending upon the time of the month and just how messy it is. This morning I had put the washing out and was doing some inside work when I heard delighted cries coming from outside. I peeked out the window and could very easily have lamented over my very bad back yard....however I delighted. The 'on school holidays- yah' kidlets had turned the back yard into the moon, donned their space suits complete with breathing apparel (thank you Mr Youldon) and were playing. They never despair over the backyard. They just enjoy it...every weed and dirt patch becomes their playground and that is good enough for me. I love what my kids teach me...everyday.

5 comments:

Rohan said...

how cool is that??? I love it.
You have great kids Trin, you are an amazing mother...
I dont remember so much the weeds or mud in the backyard when i was growing up, i remember the fun just as they will!

Calli Strawberry Jam said...

They even have matching astronaut tops on! We just got lucky with our backyard otherwise it would look even more moonlike (meaning completely deserted) than yours! And your welcome to come play in ours any time you like!

Linny said...

I especially love your breathing gear Connor and Kenzi! Can we visit the moon with you when we come over in December???

MacD said...

I love the moon why wasn"t I invited?? Imagination and some dirty/weedy back yard is all you need. yey! And you can borrow my christmas tree at Christmas but please return it by January the 1st ;-) xx

Mum...xxxx said...

You girls had to dig a patch of dirt in the grass to have mud fights at the farm-oh the memories!!1