Tuesday 30 August 2011

Spring Fling or Practical Spacktical!









I would love it if somebody, some day could call me a practical gardener. I would love them to walk into my garden and see all the home grown produce that I have planted to feed my family and neighbours...however my garden has other ideas. My iceburg lettuce struggled for a few days and then withered and died...my tomatoes, well lets just say they did not go well. All my spinach was eaten by our friendly garden bugs and my blueberry is very, very blue! However, my garden likes to do pretty. Everytime I go out to put clothes on the line I turn to admire my spring jasmin. Oh, I wish you could smell it.

So, I have decided and my garden has reminded me that I am so much more a pretty than practical person...it may not have any function and it cannot contribute to world hunger....but it sure does make me smile.

(todays post is bought to you by a spacky computer that is not doing what I want it to, hence the photo's above are above and not spattered throughout!)

1 comment:

Linny said...

Ooh..nice one Trin. I LOVE jasmin ~ it smells oh so delicious! I don't have any sweet smelling things in my garden..but I don have a pot with some tulips in! We planted quite a few..but it looks like only 6 are coming up! They have broken through the soil and getting bigger every day and now we just need to wait to see which ones they are and what colour they will be! I love tulips so it is quite exciting!