Wednesday 1 July 2009

Ber-up-di-doo!

Today was my first day of holiday.  Actually, last Thursday was my first day of holiday but it has been maaaanic around here since then so today was my first day when I got to do whatever I wanted whenever I wanted (which really means stay in bed reading til I went to meet Rebecca in the park at 2pm, although I did squeeze a shower in and a pre-6am dash about the house, never a dull moment).

Thursday was shopping and kring-looping and other essential stuff.  Friday was hanging with the hubby, shopping and partying.  Saturday was fruit marketing, mother-in-lawing, food festivaling, Sami's sardining and lindy hopping.  Sunday was churching and world press photographing.  Monday was apple gebaking, fabric marketing, shopping, museuming, seeing mother-in-law off at stationing.  And then there was today.  Started off early with Andrew heading to the UK and then me, all me, doing whatever I wanted.  Bliss.

And some pics (only of lindy-hop cause I haven't got the other ones off the camera yet, they will come, never fear-I heard your sigh of disappointment from here I tell you):

The dance floor, Andrew and I were leaving a little of the lime light for the other dancers, you know it's a shame to show them all up when this was our first time doing the hop (I think we had the comedy act of the night down pat, me with the two left feet and all, although Kt Mac your dancing advice came in handy, I remembered to 'just wobble my knees').The nimble and the little less nimble Worthings (you choose who is who), showing us how it's done.  Nice, reeaal nice.Andrew doing a move that Jono taught him.  This is not the time he dropped me.  Unfortunately there's no evidence of that incident.
Our 'prunes' shot, although I'm sure Jono bailed out and opted for Blue Steel.  Or maybe it's his Le Tigre.  Hmmm.
The shot in which the little girl is trying to be noticed.  It's tough when you're surrounded by big, strapping lads.  Tough I tell you.  
And finally, the Worthers.  With a little Mac thrown in to spice things up.

2 comments:

Linny said...

Oooh, the dancing looks fun fun fun!!! Love your head scarf! Glad you are letting your hair down and dancing the nighst away!!!

Kt Mac said...

it looked amazing and you guys looked the part even if your lindy hopping looked 3 footed!! I'm looking it up in Clermont... You recon red neck country boys will lindy hop???! Very cool start to holidays Calli Mac x