Friday 5 March 2010

The Size of a Baked Potato



I think this is the week that things really started to swell.  There's no denying the tummy now, I wear a belly band most days cause it just makes it a little more comfortable.  

My tummy isn't the only thing swelling, I almost had to have my rings surgically removed yesterday as the heat had made my fingers balloon and only after a ridiculous amount of tugging and cold water would they budge.

I never realised how pregnancy affects so much more than the waist line.  My blood pressure is still plummeting at the most inopportune times.  We were all dressed and ready to go to church on Sunday when I got all woozy and then proceeded to sit on the bed and blub like a baby.  Andrew (after having a little bewildered laugh with me) undressed me and put me back to bed where I stayed sound asleep for over 2 hours (he came in to check that I was still alive, apparently I was).  My bag of smarties (thanks Mum!) and bottle of cordial go with me everywhere, especially handy when the woozies come on when I'm out in public by myself.

It's coming toward the end of week 17 and we're heading to the doctors tonight to hopefully arrange an ultrasound.  We're going to get to see our baby!

(Two pics cause my hair and jump height looked crazy-cool in one but there wasn't quite enough tummy showing, so that's what the other one is for!)

5 comments:

edel said...

calli and andrew
i'm so so so happy for you!!!
and what are you doing in melbourne? are you going to move to melbourne?
you have to tell me everything.
many kisses from edel

Triniti the Luddite said...

beautiful belly....keep up the pics, but maybe not the jumping????
be great to see bubba moo. how exciting.

MacD said...

ha ha ha the hiar-bottom-belly he he he

Anonymous said...

hey calli, its ash,
not sure if this is how i need to comment on this but just found ur page coz i wanted to see if there were any pics of the belly, very cute, mines scarily bigger tho haha!!
very exciting about seeing the bub, its the best experience ever, we go for our second visit in a few weeks, i can't wait!! :)haha the woozy parts of pregnancy aren't the fun parts hey, do the smarties work, i might try that :) glad ur both doing well! :)

hope to see more pics soon of the belly growing!!

God Bless,

Ash

PS: i clicked anonymous just so i didn't havet o start up an account! hope this works!!

SaySewMinette said...

nice but-tan Calli! Oh, and the belly looks good too....

;-D

xx
Minette