Monday 19 April 2010

Makings and Growings

Getting photos onto the computer seems like such a hassle these days.  Our computer memory is getting a little chock full so I have to delete and then download, ugh.  So whilst there has been lots going on around these parts there hasn't been a lot of blogging because I feel that posts NEED pictures.  Here are a few that I've taken with the computer camera:  One of a few little birds nests that are gracing our table.  They'll be made into jewelry for Queen's Day.  I'm not sure if people will be into them, but I don't mind cause then I can become the bird lady and wear eggs and nests in my hair.
Behold the moustachio-ed men.  These guys are a work in process, again for Queen's Day.It's tulip season here in Holland and Andrew insists on buying me flowers when we go to the market on Saturdays.  Aaw, isn't he the greatest?
This is the scent wafting through my house right now.  I wanted to make some sponge dough bread so this is it, Italian pesto bread to go with our soup for dinner (if there's any left, I seem to be making a rather large dent in it).  And lastly, but by no means leastly, the bump.  Moo has been kicking up a storm lately.  Yesterday in church Andrew and I watched as my dress jumped all over the place, that kid likes church I tell ya.  I'm calling the midwife in the morning to make our first appointment, this kid is 24 weeks old and has already visited 4 different doctors so it's about time that we tried for some continuity of care!

Stuff that the computer hasn't been around to document: hours spent on a picnic blanket in the park, watching as a man almost died in the canal outside our house (he didn't, thank goodness for helpful strangers who can swim and husbands who can remember emergency numbers), visiting precious friends, storming the kringloops, and generally being content.

2 comments:

Triniti the Luddite said...

I love seeing what you have been doing....most of all I love hearing that you are content. Oh, and if you don't sell the baby bird necklaces - I will buy one or two..maybe 74. I love them....and the baby bump, well just let me say that I cannot believe you are not here for me to watch the dress jump as well.
Take care of you.
Love Trin

Triniti the Luddite said...

I am also envious of the tulips. What a lovely spoiler your darling of a husband is.