Wednesday 19 May 2010

Belly, Belly Beautiful

This morning I trundled down to a friend's house and had my belly painted. Oh yeah, it was awesome! Minette is 39 weeks pregnant today so her belly had a bit of a head start on mine, but I'll catch up in 11 weeks (I'm 28 weeks)!

Elmien was the talented painter, she's pretty darn good huh? Especially seeing as her 'canvas' would occasionally bulge into crazy shapes. Minette's bub kept on sticking a foot out, making the heart bigger on one side then the other. Her little girl already likes to make herself known!

It was so fun to do something creative and a little crazy to celebrate our little ones slowly making their way into the world. The only problem was that I wanted to go home with my shirt up, I wanted the world to see this!

PS Minette did the photo editing, I can take no credit for how great she made us look!

PPS Linny, why don't you give Emi and Madi some face paint and let them go to town on your belly too?!

4 comments:

Mum said...

oh my goodness! I think the name should be changed from Moo to Flower! What an awesome photo to keep and show Moo when she/he is older! Love you Moo! Mum xx

Kt Mac said...

They are amazing and such fun and just yey photos and time. Who had the idea?? The paintings were beautiful and the bellys so big and funny. You have a BIG belly Calli Mac and your knockers probably now knock! I'm sad I'm not there to see it proper! Amazing and WONDERFUL xxx

Linny said...

yes, will have to let the girls loose on my belly soon! it will take a lot of paint though so i had best duck up to mitre 10 and see if they have any 20 litre pots on sale!!!!!

Triniti the Luddite said...

I am going to print one of these off and pretend that it was me with one of my pregnancies. I never looked that good, but you look amazing. Kenzi and Connor adore these photo's and we all want to feel baby kick.
YOu guys are just to beautiful together....I am rather jealous of your baby bumps...rather jealous.