Sunday 9 May 2010

A Mother's Day Post just for Mum, because I didn't get to eat curry with her today!

Dear Mum,
Do you remember when we used to stay at Grandma Mac's and Linny and I used to have to sleep on mattresses on the floor. Linny used to put me closest to the door in case robbers came in. Us little country girls were so scared of the BIG city then.
Do you remember when we first found out about being pregnant with Connor and you came down to clean up vomit for a time. You bought the cutest little singlet from DJ's for your first grandchild. It probably cost you more than your outfit that day, but it was beautiful.
Do you remember how you saved the day with the wedding flower debacle. You very calmly handed over the money for the flowers and handed them to us as we were getting on the tram. How BIG that seemed then and how small it is now.
Do you remember when I got into that horrible car accident and went into shock. You tucked me into bed and I think must have stayed up all night watching me. I remember shivering so badly, but eventually falling asleep. You must have been all aquiver, but I never knew.
Do you remember the indoor above ground pool at Tennison Road that had the spa beside it. I loved visiting there and swimming. I also loved it because Darlene or Zeze would take us down to the corner store and buy us treats. I am not sure how much you knew about the treats.
Do you remember the School Specs that you used to supervise for. I suspect that You, Phil and Tony had just as much fun as us - although none of you got nicknames that stuck (coma)
Do you remember the Youth Tours that we used to go on. We were SO salvo, but I loved that we could share Jesus with others. And I remember ALL the work you did at feeding us. Those salad sandwiches are the stuff of legend!
Do you remember when you were really sick with meningitis. I remember going to Nene and Morris's and hating being away from you. At the time I didn't realise just how sick you were.
Do you remember our trip to Scotland. How we could only understand the bonnie lasses when they talked slow. How we got to see what was under a Scot's man kilt. How we learned to appreciate home and each other.
Do you remember that there is no place Connor and Kenzi would rather be than on the farm.
Do you remember that I love you, very much.
Happy Mother's Day.
Love Trin

1 comment:

Mum said...

thanks to my beautiful faithful Ozzie daughter! You get that label because you stay in Oz (at the moment!)Remembering is such an amazing God given blessing, thanks for all the reminders. Love you all loads. Mumxoxoxo