Thursday 6 May 2010

A Whole New World



I have been putting this post off. Call it business or scared-ness or just plain no-worded-ness...I have been putting it off.
But here it is...........Kenzi is now the proud owner of a 1 child school room at the front of our house.
She is also the proud owner of a Mummy who becomes her teacher between the hours of 9 and 12 and any other time where we see teachable moments. She is also, and this was the HUGE thing for me...the owner of a very happy heart and learning mind that just was not happening when she was in a conventional classroom.
To all of you who love Kenzi and love me, I need you to understand this decision even if you don't agree with it. I promise that we are not hiding her away from the world. I promise that she is learning all the things she would be learning at school. I promise she is having a great many social events and mixing with lots of different people. And I cannot promise this, but I pray every day that she will grow to be an amazing woman of God who loves people well, has a great sense of who she is in God and knows that she is loved.
It is a whole new world!

1 comment:

Calli Strawberry Jam said...

Yahoo, now I'm not the only homeschooled freak in the family! I didn't turn out too badly, did I? Hmm, maybe that one is better left unanswered! Keep being brave and doing what is best for your kidlets, you're an awesome mum.