Wednesday 4 August 2010

The Hairdresser Made Me Cry

I went to get my hair cut yesterday. Our usual hairdresser was closed for a holiday so I went to the dodgy-looking one down the street from it. The hairdresser was an Egyptian guy with a shaved head. Most people would have thought this was not a good sign, I thought about it but went in anyway.

He gave me the most thorough haircutting I've ever had, and then he attacked me with a piece of fluoro yellow thread. This is when he made me cry. Mum and I had no idea what he was up to when he cut off a big long piece of thread and started twirling it around. Then he asked if he could have a go at my eyebrows, and have a go he did. He threaded and snipped and plucked and I've ended up with the loveliest shaped eyebrows I've ever had.

I've always wanted to have my eyebrows threaded, I never realised how much it hurt though! Tears started running out of my eyes and he had to get me a tissue. It's kind of embarrassing when you start blubbing in the hairdressers chair. But as they say, no pain no gain!

2 comments:

Triniti the Luddite said...

Shame about the eyes watering, but what a fun experience. Glad that you are all beautiful for bub to arrive. Oh and I am so slow I know but what is eyebrow threading? I have not the slightest idea. Kt and I are going to tafe and having the students attack us. Should only take about 5 hours for my brows!
Take care of you.
Trin

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous- NICE as Nice and I was belly laughing!!! Kt xxx