Monday 2 August 2010

So, So Spoilt, So, SO Surprised

A few weekends ago Cousin Rachel and Stephen came to visit us in Amsterdam. Rachey was all insistent that they were going to take us out for dinner on the Saturday night, a last splurge before the bub comes. They wanted to go to a restaurant that Stephen's colleague had been to which was a little way out of Amsterdam. I thought maybe a picnic in the park might be nice but Rach was so keyed up to go to this place that I figured it must be good! So we ambled out to Mauden in the car. Once we got there someone suggested that we go have a quick look at the castle before dinner. As we drove past the castle a friend of ours who works there walked past. I thought it was a crazy co-incidence, she said she had been working at a special event at the castle and was just going to meet her colleagues for a drink but did we want to have a quick look in the grounds because she had a key? OF COURSE. I thought it was the coolest co-incidence ever. So we jumped out of the car and started walking through the gardens when all our friends jumped out from behind the hedges yelling surprise. And surprised I was. Actually, to be totally honest I was more confused than anything because I have never been got SO good before in my whole, entire life. They'd set up a beautiful baby shower for us in the gardens of the castle. We ate and drank and walked and boated and played and chatted and watched the sun go down. It was a beautiful, beautiful evening and I'm so glad that our baby will be born into a world with people as fun, loving and wonderful as these guys. I just wish all of you could have been there too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

and then along came a baby (or several) and they lived happily ever after...

SaySewMinette said...

I'm very jealous of that fantastic party! great location, great weather, great friends, and great new parents-to-be. Glad I could be part of it!

Triniti the Luddite said...

A castle, a castle I want to live in a castle...that's what Kenzi said when she saw these photo's.
How very beautiful. I guess the baby welcome party that I was going to throw you at the farm will have to have a boat in the pool and an amazing sunset and some lovely people? All of this has been so wonderful. I am glad you are getting spoilt. Love Trin