Monday 2 August 2010

The Spoiling Continues

A girlie baby shower was also concocted for me and the kid. On Saturday Mum and I met up with a bunch of girls in a funky cafe here in Amsterdam. It was a lovely morning of chilling out, eating way too much apple cake, hanging with girls and getting advice from the two newish mummies there. Minette (what a star!) also made a prayer flag for me with messages from all the girls there, and the ones who couldn't make it. I was surprised (again) when one of the flags had a message from Trinny! Apparently there's messages coming from Linny (who's already sent it) and Kati (who hasn't, no surprises there!). I've hung it above our princess and the pea bed and I'm hoping the advice and love will come in handy when I need it the most! And if we end up going to hospital I'm going to take it along, the staff may think I'm a bit of a hippy but I want our child to be born surrounded with thoughts and prayers from the beautiful people that fill my life.

PS A huge big thank you to Minette who somehow manages to be a marvelous new mummy to little Emese and organise this (and play a large part in the other baby shower too). Wow.

PPS The guys in the small group also threw a man baby shower for Andrew on Saturday night. They had a gourmet dinner (thanks Hugo and Szaszi!) went to a comedy club and then went clubbing. I really liked Minette's comment on Andrew's facebook status about the night: 'what do those things have to do with babies? Sounds like you guys just wanted an excuse to go out...'

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cal
you totally deserve all the spoiling in the world.
Sending my love and prayers your way, every day.
R xx

SaySewMinette said...

big fat smile...
;-D

Triniti the Luddite said...

I am so glad you loved it. Minette was amazing in organising this for you because we couldn't do anything from this side of the world...except send Mum!
It looks amazing and not like any other baby shower(although calling it that gives me shivers) And the flags look fab. How lovely to have them there when the deal is happening. Just beautiful.