Thursday 28 July 2011

Making

Here's a few of the things that have been keeping me busy over the last little while...


I've been transplanting succulents into little pots.  Although the use of 'transplanting' is pretty loose, I pretty much broke some off the plants in the garden and stuck them in some soil in the pots.  So far so good!


Sorry for the shonky photos!
I helped out at a chick's conference at church, I ran a jewelry making thingamajoby.  It went off!  There were hardly any supplies left by the end of the second day, it was great.  I bought a stack of charms off ebay, made fabric flowers using this tute although I cheated and used the sewing machine, ripped up strips of fabric and had all sorts of hairbands, bobby pins, embroidery thread, beads and other stuff for the girls to get their creativeness flowing on.

 
 I've made some little kimono shoes for a precious little bundle that arrived in Amsterdam just over a week ago.
 

I baked a lemon curd and raspberry cream vanilla birthday cake for a very special Geelong friend.

I've started to paint a hand-me-down cupboard (with help of course).
 I've made an owl for a birthday party, and wrapped it in customised wrapping paper because there wasn't any other kind at home.
 

And I've written and illustrated (although not in that order) a few hilarious stories with my awesome husband.

I love making, and any kind is good with me.  Painting, drawing, sewing, gardening, cooking and so on and so forth!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

all looks great cal...... but ..... 1st class ???????????????dad

Triniti the Luddite said...

You are very amazing. Isn't it so fulfilling when you create and all these creations are fab. Well done you on dusting off that sewing machine and making.
And just so you know, your kid still is your very best creation...yes even better than those shoes!

SaySewMinette said...

nice ones! glad to see you're sewing again... that cake looks YUM!