Wednesday 20 July 2011

Still Here...Sort of...

Hello sisters (and all you other beautiful people reading, you know who you are),

This is a post with no pictures and absolutely no purpose other than to tell you my excuses as to why I have been vacant from around these parts lately. I figure the easiest way is a list:

*The computer has been taken over by The Godfather. He is studiously using up our bandwith by showing us how not to raise a child by exposing us to clips of The Family Guy on youtube. Male breastfeeding is not cool people, NOT cool.

*Langlan is learning to sleep again. This means that I'm remembering what sleep is and yearning for more of it. It's like a drug, the more I get the more I want.

*I have been making stuff. Getting out my sewing machine after almost a year almost brought me to tears. It was like seeing an old, old friend after TOO long. Made stuff will be shown once I've regained control of the laptop.

*We've been doing some serious eating around these parts. Asians like their food. The Godfather is Asian. One plus one equals a whole lot of food preparation, cleaning up, indulging in wonderful food made by others and digesting. Mostly digesting though, most of the blood in my head rushes to my stomach and leaves me in no state to do anything but sit on the couch in a stupour.

*I've been having too much fun reading everyone else's posts. The guinea pigs, the sunsets, the naked swimming ladies, the list goes on and I am LOVING it.

And now, the eating must continue so I am off to the James Street Bakery to indulge in a macaroon. The Godfather leaves tomorrow so it will be back to the regular schedule, and the regular diet. Phooey.

1 comment:

Triniti the Luddite said...

Oh Cal we do miss you and your photos. How were the macaroons? I am going to make some this week. This is my task.
Glad to have you back for a smidge.