Wednesday 27 June 2012

Japanese cuisine!

 oops...upside down...back to front!!  And it does apparently matter very much as to the placement of the food...so i have the photos all mixed up but just wanted to share with you my new cooking skills!
I have recently been to 2 japanese cooking courses!  The first one was a Mainly Mums event run through Mainly Music where about 10 mums went and learnt to make sushi...we even did the inside out ones with the rice on the outside covered in sesame seeds!  Yum!!
Then I went out on Monday night...Andy had enjoyed my sushi so much with the teriyaki chicken inside that he made me go and learn to make teriyaki chicken!  Fun and yum again!!  So the pictures are from Monday night...above is my teriyaki chicken (with too much lettuce but I liked the contrasting crunch!!)  So delicious and the sauce only has 4 ingrediants so very easy!
 We also made a different type of sushi - inari zushi is the one in the 'bags' and temari zushi is the balls.
Very pleased with my efforts!

Then we all sat down for dinner and they had made miso soup for us as well.
A fun night out!
Oh..and my hot tip...when we made sushi the first time people asked if you use rice wine vinegar...and the girls said they never do!  It is much sweeter (and more expensive to buy over here!) and I must say after having it both ways that the normal white vinegar makes a much tastier sushi!  So there you go - my tip of the day :-)
Love you all, L xoxox
xoxox
xoxox
xoxo
xox
xo
x








2 comments:

Triniti the Luddite said...

This looks so good. I am very jealous of your cooking classes. You will have to share your recipes sometime. Kenzi and I are embarking on making the nori rolls these holidays.

Calli Strawberry Jam said...

Mmmmmmmmmmm. I second the request for recipes, especially the teriyaki chicken. You've got me craving sushi now!