Tuesday 28 October 2008

Calli's Back Too (For the Moment)

Do you guys remember Miss Kim's magic mirror on Romper Room?  I was always hoping that she would be able to see me through it and say my name, but it never happened.  That's what you get for having a weird name.  Anyway, I was just reading through some of the comments on the blog and thought I'd say hi to everyone, Romper Room style!

 Romper, bomper, stomper boo. 
Tell me, tell me, tell me, do. 
Magic mirror, tell me today. 
Have all my friends had fun at play?
 
I can see Edel and Kimmy and Trinny 
And Kati and Linny and Floor 
And Leanne and Rohan and Spani 
And all of you boys and girls out there!

Thanks for visiting, we love having you here.

And now for a post.  This is the part that you shouldn't try at home.
Andrew wanted me to shave his head on the weekend.  Fine.  Not a problem.  Been done before.  Except for the part where Calli hacked and hacked and got it all wrong.  W.R.O.N.G.  I thought it would be cool to practice my haircutting skills on Andrew.  
Actually, scratch that.  I have no haircutting skills to practice.  I thought it might be cool to see if I could actually cut hair.  Then Andrew suggested that we should give him a bowl haircut before shaving it all off.  Funny-funny.  Just had to be done.  And so I did.  
The bowl was positioned and I chopped off all the hair below it.  After I'd finished and had a good laugh Andrew said that he hoped I hadn't cut the hair shorter than he wanted it to be shaved.  
Hmmm.  This is the part where my stomach started doing flip-flops and I was getting chills down my spine.  I hadn't thought about that small, insignificant detail.  Turns out it was too short.  But only in patches.  Really bad looking patches.  
I shaved number three all over.  And then number two.  Number one.  And finally, with no blade thing on at all.  My poor, balding husband now has to face the wilds of the Amsterdam winter with only a very, very little fuzz on his head.  But at least the patches are gone now.
I learnt a lesson that day: picturing an upside-down Friar Tuck hairdo is not the way to cut your husband's hair.  And the second part of the lesson, make sure you marry a guy who will think it is hilarious when you make a total hash of his haircut.  Thank goodness I did.

2 comments:

Triniti the Luddite said...

oh, I have always wanted miss Kim to say my name too. Thanks Miss Cal!
And the hair, well it reminds me of a certain haircut I gave a certain sister years ago...so I guess you go your own back..just not on me!

Anonymous said...

I would just like to say i feel mega speesh to be seen through miss cal's mirror.
it made my day.
now im off to study for my final 3 exams. AHH!!
love u muchly.
Spani.