Sunday 19 October 2008

My Husband is Running Away

It's The Big Day tomorrow. Forty-two kilometres. Yup, you read that correctly, that's a 4 and a 2 and Andrew's going to be running it. That's like running from the farm into Raymond Terrace, doing a few laps of Woolworths then running back to Glen Oak. Just without the hill in the middle. Thank goodness it's the Amsterdam Marathon and not the Glen Oak Marathon. Although I think sponsorship may be a problem for a Glen Oak Marathon. (Oh funny funnies, I just wrote 'marathong', hehe!) Anyway, here it all is in Andrew's words (sorry for the 'nipple' word, this being a family blog and all):

Hey everyone,  

This Sunday (the 19th) I will be running the Amsterdam Marathon. Not just content to complete the course, I am aiming for a sub-4 hour time, although I have a feeling that this is a little ambitious for my first full marathon. Target times aside, I would also like to put all of that sweat and jogger's nipple to a good purpose and am raising money for a charity run by friends of mine in the UK called Opportunity to Hope (O2H). Overall I'd like to raise one pound for every calorie I'll burn during the marathon.  

O2H is a Christian charity that runs a number of projects in the UK, Africa, India, and in South America. Everyone at the charity is a volunteer, and the administrative activities of O2H are run for free by a network of churches, so money raised goes towards the projects themselves rather than running the charity. I have personally been involved in one of the projects, so it is something that is close to my heart.  

If you are interested in giving some of your hard-earned to a special needs nursery in Guatemala, a pregnancy crisis service in the UK, or an orphanage in Zimbabwe, or just want to find out approximately how many calories I'll need for the big day, then check out my fundraising page at:


The page will be active until December, so if you read this a little late, you can still donate. Alternatively, wish me luck, some wind at my back, and good weather!  

Thanks, Andrew

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did he go?
How is that nipple rash?
I love that people run for a cause. Well done Mr Andrew on all that you do.
Love trin

Triniti the Luddite said...

I just noticed your menu! I love it. Yum yum