Saturday 7 November 2009

Never a Dull Moment

Last night I got a call from a friend.  He asked me where I was.  I said I was at home.  He asked why.  I thought that was a strange question, until he reminded me that I was meant to be at a dinner at church.  I had completely and utterly flaked.  

The dinner had already started, and I had already eaten dinner (of sorts-popcorn, rice and broccoli counts right?).  He persuaded me to come and I jumped on a bus and trekked down to Amstelveen.  And it was so worth it.  It was an Asian tour of culinary delights.  I only had little portions though as my Hobbit-like second-meal capacities are not quite as large as I would like.  

I did, however, learn a valuable lesson.  Even if your Macdonaldness means you are dying over the fact that you have completely forgotten something and you're going to be an hour late, go anyway.  Maybe you'll meet some great people, eat some great food, and have a great laugh over your ridiculous flakiness.  Yup, I got a happy ending after all!

2 comments:

Kt Mac said...

Ha ha ha that is so cool Cal! Glad you made the effort and so glad it payed off. Was it with Joshua?? Talked to your Hubby, so nice to chat and feel he is closer! We both love you!!!! LOts and lots and I am so excited about your Buenos aires adventure!!!! XXX

Triniti the Luddite said...

I love happy endings.