Thursday 9 April 2009

Not Preggers, Just Confused


This was yesterday's email to Andrew:

Reasons why Calli thinks she should take a pregnancy test tonight: 

1. She's overly emotional, examples: bawling on Sunday (sad about leaving Amsterdam friends, although we're not officially leaving yet), bawling on Monday (finding out I have a one-eyed sister), bawling on Wednesday (a friend's email about how much he cares for us being the touch-off this time); so much crying is unheard of in such a small time period (speaking of periods, this could also be the reason for such anomalies) 

2.  She has developed weird sleeping habits, examples: bed at 2am Friday, bed at 2am Saturday, bed at 1am Tuesday, sleeping 4 hours Monday afternoon, napping Wednesday afternoon but not so excessively as Monday 

3. Her eating habits have changed, example: Wednesday's menu: bowl of yogurt and seeds (first thing eaten at 12pm), Mars Bar, cashews, dried apple and pear, tea (or maybe I'm on drugs or taken up smoking as my appetite is supressed rather than being totally hungry all the time, isn't that what pregnant women are like?) 

4. She's typing in the third person, examples: all preceding and possibly post sentences 

5.  She can't keep the house tidy, examples: just look around you when you get home 

6.  She has unusually flavoured poops, examples: a few times every day the scents are wafted throughout the house 7.  She's got nothing else.

I'm a girl, and yet my body is still an enigma to me.  Take yesterday for example.  I decided flat out that I was pregnant.  And to prove my theory, I decided to pee into a cup.  Andrew's response to this was:

Andrew's reply: 

1. Ummmm, you have been quite emotional recently.  Maybe you have a point here. 

2. Ummm, when you first moved here, you had some similarly strange sleeping habits, but were not pregnant then. 

3. You always eat wierdly. 

4. You've never type in the third person.  Maybe you have a point here. 

5. Did you see our bedroom at Christmas? 

6.  One word: asparagus. 

7.  Let's do it anyway!  Tonight baby!


The testing proved my  grand theory wrong.  One little blue line, pointing to the fact that I have no idea why my body decides to do what it wants when it wants.

Sometime last year when  I should have had my period during the placebo taking-time I didn't so I read on the internet (and yes, I mostly believe everything that I read) that you should take a pregnancy test before resuming to take the pill.  Being the cheapster that I am, it was a better deal to buy 2 pregnancy tests than one by itself.  We've had the thin cardboard box beside our beds ever since, until yesterday when I just had to try it out again (I think this is why Kati refers to me as a procrastinator - assignment deadlines looming and I'm taking pregnancy tests).

Anyways, all this to say, what's up with a girl's body?  Boys are meant to have a hard time figuring us out, that's a hard task for my poor husband when I don't even know what's going on.

4 comments:

Linny said...

Just to throw a spanner in the works... I took four pregnancy tests WHILST pregnant with Madi and they were all negative! It was only number 5 that actually told the truth!! The first two I would have been just pregnant and it didn't show..but I had a feeling. Then the next two gave us a 'failed' test result so we think the tests were old or soemthing and didn't work properly. Then number 5 said yes and our scan said 12 weeks!!! Just something to think about! Leave it a couple of weeks is my suggestion...and don't buy the cheapest or the last tests left ob the shelf!!!!! love you!

Linny said...

ON the shelf! sorry - one finger typing with said baby in arms!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh you have to come home if you are having a baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

We ALL want cuddles (and you can do assignments!!!)right Trin?

There are many reasons for tears....and our bodies are truly amazing. Just like you Cal!
Love your blog xx (and that said Blog not bog)

Kt Mac said...

Ha ha ha, Cal and Andy are going to go broke on preggers test before a bun is even in to the oven!!! I know the feeling of roller coaster and that is with no sex and possible pregnancy probs thrown in!!! Just cry it out I say and then laugh louder and see clearer at the end of it all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx