Saturday 4 April 2009

Saturday Sillies

My family make me laugh.
They just can't help it.
They are amusing.
Each one of them.

KENZI's CRACK-UP
Kenzi has taken to wearing Connor' s T-shirts as dresses. It is one of the advantages of having an older brother. This is how a conversation went at the dinner table tonight,
Pobj "Kenzi please watch your sleeve, it is dragging through your mashed potato."
Kenzi "Oh, don't worry Da, it's not my sleeve, it's Connor's."

CONNOR's CACKLE
I was telling the kids about Sarah's boyfriends great grandmother. We have read many, many Blyton books. This is how the conversation went,
Mummy "Sarah's boyfriends Great Grandmother was Enid Blyton." *said with much awe and amazement.
Connor "What's a Blyton?"

POBJ's PICKLE
I must admit that I make my husband do some terrible things that no male should ever have to do, but when I am curled up in a heap and have forgotten that my period is due and I need pads I have to send him out. ( Until I make my own....soon) I am very specific in what I need and want. I guess the problem comes when he walks into THAT isle, shuts his eyes and just grabs and runs. Tonight I have 2 packets of GIGANTIC 50cm long things that could double as mattresses. Lucky really because I am laughing so much I may need them that big.

Yes, my family make me giggle, guffaw and laugh out loud. They make my life a joy and delight. They make sure that my laugh muscles are used every day. They make me happy.

1 comment:

Calli Strawberry Jam said...

Hahaheehheeee, these are hilarious! I'm glad we have the blog to save these things, I'm sure we'll have a great old time looking back on this kind of stuff, and it'll be great for the kids 21st birthdays!

Andrew had a similar moment to Brenton's. When we were first married (like right after we got to Amsterdam from Oz) I had a huge period and he had to go buy some pads and painkillers for me. The lady in the chemist wasn't quite sure what Andrew was talking about when he was asking for the painkillers (in as discreet a way as possible) and then she said (in her loudest, can-hear-you-across-the-whole-shop kind of way) "Oh, for the women's that time of the month". Nice way to be inducted into the life of a girl!