Thursday 4 June 2009

I Forgot

Silly old me forgot to bring the camera cord to connect it to the computer, so while I would love to be showering you with photos of this beautiful, beautiful place it will have to wait until I'm home again.  Or I could do this, take photos of the camera with the computer camera (all photos are mirror-reversed):The back of our hotel.

Our hotel from the lookout in the nature reserve.  It's the one on the right peaking behind the trees (although in reality it's on the left).
Andrew's arty pics of snowy, fluffy, cotton-wooly plants.
The edge of the world (as we know it).

Or not.

Anyway, it's a beautiful little town with the most amazing nature around it.  I'm not sure I could live here, but I am more than enjoying our week here.  I've been out walking every day, it's so great to be about 20 metres from the start of a nature reserve.  Today I went trekking over the big pink-granite rocks and made my way to the edge of the sea.  The wind was howling all over the place and I felt so incredibly alive.  

I wish I could share all of this with you, my lovely sisters.  We'd have great fun taking ridiculous windy-hair pictures and daring each other to go for just one more jump in the c-c-c-cold ocean off a rock just a little higher than the last.  Well, maybe Kt, Linny and I would.  Trin, you'd be the official photographer.  Or maybe could peer/sister pressure you into it too!

And bestly (is that a word?), we'd hit the second-hand shop tomorrow.  It's only open on Thursdays from 4-6 and I've been dying to get in there.  Less than 24 hours now, ooh I can't wait!

1 comment:

Kt Mac said...

Oh it looks all mirror reverse amazing! I would be wetting my pants in excitement for a 2 hour hard hit of op shop-ness. How strange 2hrs, I bet you find lots of old beauties. It sounds angelic there. I run/walk down the back most mornings and I went exploring into the puddles, creeks and teatree the other day and found houses for faries and childhood all over again... Mmmm so so sweet xxx