Wednesday 17 June 2009

Where I'm At

I figured that it was about time for an update on the life of me.  Just to let you all know that I haven't drowned in a pool of my own tears, or comfort-eaten myself into a sugar-induced coma.
I guess the one word that best describes me at the moment is 'roller-coasterish'.  I have wonderful days that are full of beautiful things, including remembering our poppy seed in happy ways.  Then there's days when I'm so sad it's deep in my bones and I feel so heavy that I'm afraid I'll fall through the floor.  And then there's days that are a combination of both, tears and smiles, sobs and laughter.  I never know what a day is going to hold, and neither does poor old Andrew.  He definitely has a crazy woman on his hands.
I'm also all over the place in other ways.  This week I have thought about becoming a jeweler, making awesome silver jewelry like Rachel.  Then I decided to become a photographer like Carrie, and when we come back to Newcastle I'll join Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep.  And then I decided that I really should study for my law exams.  So I did.  A little.
I finished one exam today, it was ok but I'm really not looking forward to the next three.  Although I am looking forward to them being over, so the added stress is taken away and I can just be.  I can spend all day watching tv.  I can seriously clean the house.  I can buy fruit from the Dappermarkt.  I can deflate, and then re-inflate.  That, I'm looking forward to.

(Pics by the Husband.)

4 comments:

Kt Mac said...

I'm glad you alive, wether that be laughing or sinking through the floor. I text you/Andy are you getting them? Jen also texted you did you get it??? xxx

Anonymous said...

big hugs to my roller coaster girl!The clouds are beautiful as are you!We miss your Poppyseed too! Have a good exam tomorrow. Don't get too serious about cleaning the house!! just have a sit and watch the tourists go by in the canal, very amusing!!Love you loads, Mumxoxo

Triniti the Luddite said...

Beautiful clouds.
Beautiful words.
Beautiful you.
Have a beautiful day wether crying laughing, studying or examing.
Love Trin

Triniti the Luddite said...

Well done husband on the photo's. Nice very nice.
I have camera envy - like I wish we had one!
Oh, and Cal and Andrew, please come back to Newcastle soon.