Saturday 13 June 2009

I Found it!

Every year I try and find a book for each of the kids for Christmas. I get to build up our little collection and they get to enjoy a really good picture book. I will never stop doing this - even when they are 64. Picture books are awesome.
I found a book at the library the other day that I must get for Kenzi for Christmas. Why? Because the little girl in the book is like Kenzi.......and the illustrations are amazing.
The Book is called "Sunday Chutney" and it's by Aaron Blabey, which, by the way is a great name for an author, don't you think?
Sunday is the name of the girl in the book. She has led the most extraordinary life and lived all over the world (which is not like Kenzi at all). Her imagination is wild (which is totally like Kenzi)
The whole book is great and shows a girl who makes the most of her situation and has real honest to goodness spunk.
Why did we not think of calling our Kenzi Ruth, Sunday Chutney.
Oh, and clicks for me for already having parts of Christmas presents or at least thought about them.( Now I must go and sew up those IOU's from last year!)

1 comment:

Calli Strawberry Jam said...

Maybe we could just call her that anyway. Then she'd have something in common with Nicole Kidman's kid. Or maybe we should just stick to Kenzi, that's original enough.

Nice job on getting started early. I was at the markets today and saw some stuff that would be good for stockings but then I'm not sure where we'll be or who will be around for Christmas so I didn't get them. Maybe I should have, hmm. There's always next week! Or not, cause I just realised I have an exam. And now I'm rambling.

Cxx