Tuesday 1 September 2009

Would you believe me if I said I wasn't trying to kill my husband?

I made these mince pies the other day.  They were from a package that someone gave us as a Christmas present...1.5 years ago.  They were good, and only 1 year out of date.  Which doesn't compare with the squid-ink spaghetti that I served up a few weeks ago.  I had seen it languishing in the back of the pantry when I moved here.  So, after only 2.5 years I thought I'd crack it open and serve it up.  We ate it.  And then realised it was 5 years out of date.  Oops.

2 comments:

Triniti the Luddite said...

They look lovely and festive and not at all moldy. You may just give him a heart attack with all the yummy treats you cook up, but we know it's cause you love him.
5 years out of date....did you pack it in your bag and take it with you from the gigantic pantry at the farm?

Kt Mac said...

ha ha ha brilliant, I love out of date- Victoria cringes until we run out of stuff and have to sieve out weaves to use bread crumbs to crumb meat- it tasted GREAT!! The more meat the better!! XXX