Monday 21 September 2009

Four Weddings and a Funeral

Andrew pointed out the other day that this has been the year of four weddings and a funeral for us.  Hopefully nothing will happen to change that in the next few months, although weddings would be allowed.
The first wedding was Phil's in Chester: ceremony approx 1 hour.  We helped out with stuff on Thursday and Friday (I never want to iron another shirt in my life) and then Andrew donned his grey penguin suit and best-manned it up on Saturday.  The best part of the wedding was that Phil and Helen jumped the gun and got to the kiss quicker than the vicar.  It meant that they got a second shot at it!
The next wedding was Al's in Essex: ceremony approx 1.5 hours.  We missed our turn off the M25, and the next turn after that as we were too busy talking about setting up a boutique catering/events company (cause that's more important than reading the map) but luckily we had plenty of time.  Another beautiful wedding, and an awesome reception venue.  And the seriously best reception band ever-they were dressed up like 80s rockers (think tights, wigs, sunglasses) and played a whole medley of songs ranging from Eye of the Tiger to Thomas the Tank Engine.  Nice.
The last wedding, Hugo and Karlien's, back in Dutchland: ceremony heading towards 2 hours (I'm hoping the next wedding we go to breaks the trend of getting longer each time).  This was the cupcake wedding.  Cupcakes were made (with the minor mishap of ending up pink and bright pink as the red food colouring didn't go red) and dispatched on Andrew's bike only to end up smooshed all over the place by the time they made it to the venue, oops.  The wedding was a military wedding as Hugo is in the navy, they did the whole arch thing with the swords as they walked out.  So mega-cool.  And I wore my cowboy boots for the third wedding in a row, which I love cause I get to wear my Mum-made socks underneath!

Wedding season over for us.  Thank goodness, cause I was running out of clothes to wear.  And that's important.

4 comments:

Triniti the Luddite said...

How beautiful and fun was that second reception place. I love bunting. I love seeing all your wedding outfits. You look beautiful.
And the cup cakes. Wow. Good job Strawberry girl. Did they look amazing all set up on your stand?
And I totally agree,,,about the more weddings thing and no more funerals.
Well done you....you made it and did it with great finesse!

MacD said...

Ha ha ha Andy you looked very phil-ish in your penguin outfit!!!! Still can't beliee he is married before a prime salmon like myself!!!! Al's reception and band- I WANT it!!!! So fun, beautiful, cool and elegant. How do you get that mix??!! Lovin those well travlled boots Cal- Maybe they went via Canada just to start off their wild country galavants a little earlier so they have more to tell their grandkids!! Cupcake madness- never ever want to see another one?! How on earth did you do them in your oven?? Did they like them?? To match her dress they needed to be BIGGER and PUFFIER. Are big dresses a dutch thing? I am sure she looked radiant, maybe it was the angle of the pict. Was that Rebecca in the black dress?? She looks so cute who ever she is! And I am loving the post weddings jump- A jump always ends or begins anything spectacularly! XXXXXXto you both!

Anonymous said...

great photos and amazing memories you two!!!
our Household still talks about the fav wedding of all time, yep of course it was yours!!!
Britt would like to work for you in your boutique events/catering business...she has a plan. :)

Linny said...

You could have always borrowed some of my clothes to wear...and wrapped them around yourself once, or twice or thrice or even more... I know that generally I am the skinnier one in the family...but lately I just seemed to have let things slip....(Maybe that's the problem...the coke and chocolate and icecream and lollies etc just 'slipping' down my thoat!) You look very beautiful at all the weddings...almost as beautiful as the most beautiful daughter in the family...ME-just ask dad!!!!!