Monday 10 August 2009

Rump

Connor: What are we having tonight for tea Mummy?
Mummy: Beef stir fry
Kenzi: Where does beef come from?
Mummy: From a cow (said without gagging!)
Kenzi: That can't be right, milk comes from a cow, where does it really come from?
Connor: No really Kenzi you can eat cows as well as getting milk from them. So, what is the beef called Mummy?
Here lies my mistake...
Mummy: Beef Rump steak tonight.
Connor: No way, Rump! Do you know what rump is Kenzi?
Kenzi: No, but I am not eating a cow.
Connor: Rump is a cow's butt....EWWWWWW!
Kenzi: EWWWWW, Mummy I am not eating a cow and I am not eating a butt. I am just not eating it.

Needless to say I was nearly wetting myself and by the afternoon they had forgotten and chowed down the cows butt with a whole lot of gusto! Carnivors of the world Unite!

2 comments:

Kt Mac said...

I almost wet myself- Not cool for a 22yr old!!! Well done Mummy you veggie! That was soooo gloriously funny. It tickled ALL my funny bones XXX

Calli Strawberry Jam said...

Hmmm, if Kati is 22 then I'm barely legal and shouldn't be allowed to read things about rumps! I thought we were going to have another Trinny on our hand with Kenz's reaction. Awesome.