Saturday 6 September 2008

Bumper Crop

Garden day again today.  I love garden day.  Although I don't love the bit where I have to sit during the class trying really hard to figure out what's going on and then having to answer stuff in D.U.T.C.H.  Laughable really.  Everyone there thinks I can speak the language but I'm just to nervous/scared to use it. Wrong.  Wrong.  Wrong.  Next week I'm allowed to use English to relay an experience of nature that I've had.  Phew.  Today was a failure on the Dutch front, although I got a round of applause for being able to name most of the vegetables we've planted, go me.  The harvest side of things was much more productive.  The ground is starting to get all wet and squelchy so we're picking and digging and plucking for all we're worth.  This was the haul for today:

And this is what a bunch of it became, a garden-altered version of Mr Youldon's soup perfect for this autumny weather we've got here:
And this is our other fun for today.  We've had Andrew's old reel camera thingy out and we've been taking digital photos through it.  Not great, but kinda cool retroish.  And a flower to start the weekend on:

1 comment:

Triniti the Luddite said...

i am way impressed. your garden inspires me. the flowers are devine and those carrots beautiful.