Monday 15 September 2008

Wonderful, Wacky Weekends

Some weekends for us are casual take it easy, catch up on the housework or with old friends....not this weekend.
We launched ourselves into a crazy weekend with a road trip up to Hannanvale for beautiful Aunty Rita's 90th. This was the start of our road trip...no more photo's because I forgot about the camera!
We caught up with relations that knew us and some that didn't! The kids had a blast playing with the other kids there. Pobj and I had to leave Connor and Kenzi with Mum and Dad (God Bless our mother and Father) because we were heading back down to Newcastle so we could cater for a wedding of some great friends of ours. This is all the yummy food that I set out for high tea. Very posh!
The wedding was at Tocal. What a beautiful place. He looked handsome and she looked beautiful (very Jane Austin). There was a spanner thrown into the equation with the onset of rain and wind...the high tea was supposed to be an outdoor reception. I made the call to move it inside when it was raining and looked like it had set in.....it turned out to be a beautiful spring evening after the storm, but what can you do.
Memories came flooding back of the day...that I do day when I married the man I loved most in the world. Now, 8 years on he is still the man I love most in the world...hmmmm weddings either make me cry eg. Calli and Andrew's wedding or make me rather nostalgic eg. Andy and Laura's wedding.
Exhausted by that massive effort.Pobj doing punch. Couldn't have done it without him!
Will post soon.
Love Trin

No comments: