Thursday 11 September 2008

Got Milk

Banana milk shakes are a home taste (will I ever call Glen Oak anything other than home?).  I've drunk them from London to Amsterdam and so many other places in between, but they always taste of the farm.  No matter what is whizzed into the cup, as long as it's real banana I'm transported instantly back to the kitchen at home.  

So this afternoon, I drink and I think of home.  It's not a long, deep missing like it is sometimes.  This kind of missing is the missing of all the good things that have been and all the good things that are to come.  There's still lots of memories to make, I have 2 whole months coming up to fill with sounds, scents, tastes and everything good that makes up home.  I can't wait.

1 comment:

Triniti the Luddite said...

Connor has some great sounds and scents for you when you come home. Very memorable but not very nice!