Friday 5 September 2008

No Capsicums Need Apply

We got home today and needed food for dinner.  Andrew picked up a few essentials on the way home from work but dinner consisted of whatever we had left in the cupboards and fridge from before Gothenburg.  I did a little searching and came up with this potato and onion frittata.  It was easy and yummy.  Not sure the kiddos would like it, I know I had an aversion to onion when I was little (unless it was the little red/white/green pickled kind) but it's worth a shot.

Ingredients:
  • Potatoes
  • Onion
  • Eggs
  • Dried rosemary
  • Dried parsley
  • Pepper (Oh my gosh, I'm turning into Zeze!)
The Doing Part:
I just kind of went with the feel of things, so no exact measurements.  I washed the potatoes and then sliced them in thickish rounds.  Chopped the onion in long bits.  Heated oil on a low heat in the wok and put in the potatoes, onion, a good wallop of parsley and rosemary and a few grinds of pepper.  I put the lid on the wok and left it for about 20 mins, stirred occasionally until everything was cooked.  Then the eggs (4) were swirled up with a bit more pepper (see, I said I was becoming Zeze-like with my pepper infatuation) and poured over the concoction in the pan.  I pulled the sides up to let the egg run down under and then put the lid back on and left it to cook until it was done.  Easy-peasy and gooooood.  Just serve it up with a big crunchy salad.