Thursday 28 May 2009

Books I am Loving

This is am amazing book about the life of Coco Chanel. I love it because it tells all who read it that different can be good, different is a stand out. It also made me chuckle in two of the sections. One was when it talked about Coco being a little liar when she was young (it reminded me of someone we all know and love) The other part was when they talked about advertising during the war when fabric was in short supply- did you know they actually had advertising campaigns that encouraged women to lose weight so that less fabric would be used to clothe them! Ha!
A very special friend gave me a copy of this - so if you want to read it you will have to come over.
I have no words to describe this story. It is sad and amazing and impacting all in one. It is based on a true story. You have to read it. I stumbled across it at the library and bought it home. You have to read it. An amazing story from a horrible time. I can say no more.
Two books that have been part of our bedtime reading this week that we thought we would share with you.

1 comment:

Calli Strawberry Jam said...

Oh I wish I lived in a country with an English library. I love our library, with the cafe at the top, but after awhile just looking at the pictures isn't enough. One day...