Friday 15 May 2009

Sew Wasting Time


I've been revelling in the fact that I have no assignments due and no exams for the next four weeks, aaah.  I've also nearly caught up on the uni work that I had fallen behind on during the Queen's Day/48HFP craziness.  All this makes me feel like I can crack out the sewing machine again.  I've only made a few things, just to get the creative juices flowing and to make me feel a little saner.  This one is for Nafta, the little rocker.  He's always pretending to play the guitar so I thought I'd make one for him to play.  He'll be coming over tomorrow so I'll try to get a picture of him rocking out on it.
This little girl was a combination of different inspirations.  Her little heart cushion is scented with eucalyptus oil which totally takes me back to childhood and having our pillows and hankies dosed with the oil to help our little colds get better.  I thought it would be cool to make these with lavender-filled cushions (and other soothing stuff which I can't remember now), to help little babies calmly drift off to sleep.  Thoughts, thoughts, thoughts.
And if you don't want a little cushion in there, her little arms would happily hold something else.
We're having brunch at ours tomorrow morning and we're going to live it up with pikelets with honeycomb butter and strawberries, thanks Trinny (I have been using the little recipe book that you put all the Christmas recipes in SO much lately).

2 comments:

Kt Mac said...

Ha ha ha Trin and I had a crafting sewing day, She made a skirt and i swanned about and finally produced a badly BADLY sewn and rushed t-shirt shrug.... one photo will follow. Cool creations and Ideas the little gumnut girl is gorgeous (do you like all my g's!!)xxx

Triniti the Luddite said...

Amazing. Did he love his guitar? Me thinks 1 little boy and his mummy and daddy are going to miss you guys when you leave.