Monday 4 May 2009

Queen's Day, At Last!

Our big Dutchie event of all events occurred last week, yup Queen's Day finally arrived!  We were up early, early, early and started lugging all our stuff down to our stall around 5 am (see, said it was early).  There were still a lot of people around from partying the night before, my first customer bought a mug sometime before 6!  Because the night before had been such great weather everyone was a lot later getting out on the streets.  The morning was a lot quieter than last year, but it eventually reached the normal levels of orange craziness.
It was so fun having the stall, and seeing people's reactions to my stuff.  I made 347.20 euros, not bad when all my materials would have cost under 40!  Lots of people asked if I sold in a shop or online, maybe one day but at the moment I'm still a bit busy with studying.  Who knows, maybe we should have a Four Sisters shop!
We had planned on selling hot-dogs and we had everything but the rolls, then Rebecca found out that you can't sell meat products on Queen's Day, so we now have about 100 hotdogs in cans lurking about in our bathroom/bedroom cause they don't fit anywhere else!  We saw other people selling hot-dogs though, we could have broken the 400 euro mark if we'd sold them.  Oh well, all our stall sellers enjoyed nibbling on them throughout the day.

Our stall was SO chockers with stuff from 5 different girls from church and Sarah.  It was such a great day, and our boy salesmen were pretty fine too!

We got a few photos of the people who bought my stuff, my customers are pretty random but I love that different people are attracted to such different stuff.





Queen's Day is such an incredible day, I think I might just adopt the Dutch ways for the 30th of April every year!

2 comments:

Triniti the Luddite said...

I think maybe that we need to plan on being in Amsterdam for at least one of my birthdays and have a stall.
I would totally love a four sisters shop/online thingy or something.
wow you totally made enough for soule Mamma's book. Yeh you.
And look how happy your customers look. WEll done you. I so wish we could have been there with you.
Your stall looks full of all the things that I would love. Perhaps it is best that my money and I stayed home! I don't think they make a bag that big to take all things home!

Kt Mac said...

Taking picts of your customers was such a great and interesting idea... LOVED them!! I am now sad I was not there!! And may never have the chance again! Thaink it would be a HUGE target to cover airfares for us all next time round!!