Friday 23 October 2009

Boots-schmootz

It's getting pretty chilly over here (although the sun is shining brightly outside the window at the moment) and I need to reassess my shoe options.  I'm a girl made for warmer, drier climates.  I have flip-flops and sandals galore, little slip on shoes, plenty of fake converse hi-tops, and a few other non-wet weather options.  Now that the weather is getting colder I'm on the lookout for some boots-practical, waterproof and warm.  These are two of the options-the ones with the white wool are winning at the moment even if Andrew told me they look like gumboots.  They're just warmer and more likely to keep my feet happy, which means a happy Calli. If I wore gumboots for my wedding shoes surely I can get away with them as everyday shoes?!

2 comments:

Triniti the Luddite said...

I like the gumboot look. I like that they are flat. trying to find a cool pair of boots with no heals over here is awful. I say go the gumboots girl. You can do anything!
Thanks for taking us shopping with you!
I miss having my sisters to say yah or nay! I need it more and more these days...what with my granny dressing trend and not spending over $7 on a dress!

Kt Mac said...

And boots as long as they are warm and keep your tootsies dry and warm. I KNOW those bone chilling days and we are SO over wet jean bottoms and looking cool!!!!