Friday 23 October 2009

He's Two!

This little critter turned 2 yesterday.  There was a part-ay last night and I went and helped Rebecca set up.  We also iced the cake which was a hit with the Birthday Man.  It was made using Rebecca's Swedish grandma's recipe.  You make a cake, cut it in half, spoon orange juice over the cut sides, spread it with jam, spread again with mashed banana mixed with cream and then sandwich the two halves together.  It was good, I even had some for breakfast today!Nafta also had a lunch date with me a few days ago.  We had a great time eating sandwiches and noodles on the floor, playing 'ice-creams' with our mortar and pestle, and Nafta insisted on walking around the house with a photo of Lilly Mama (I'm Lilly so therefore Andrew is Lilly Mama!).  I guess the two of us come as a package.

3 comments:

Triniti the Luddite said...

He is so cute.
I love the name Lilly, too!
Happy birthday little man.
Great cake too.

Kt Mac said...

ha ha ha that is brilliant Lilly! What a wild cake- not sure, but never judge till you try! Nafta was stealing hoola hoops I think?! I can not believe how BIG he is and how grown up..... WOW. Such a cute and cool lookin kid! Yey for 2nd Birthdays and freinds like Rebecca!

Spani said...

awwww the little man is so grown up!
say happy birthday for me!