Saturday 10 October 2009

Night Times

Every night we try to maintain a small routine. I am hopeless at routine. I am kind of like the Julia Roberts character in Pretty Woman, you know the fly by the seat of my pants kind of girl (I hope that is not a reference to her day job....hmmmm) Anyway, I have had to learn to do routine, otherwise the house and family fall apart. So, we have a routine for bed time, although now that I think about it you could probably call it more of a tradition than a routine. I thought I would share it with you
First we read. Tonight we read the second book in the Deltora 3 Quest. Yep, the whole book. We started early and just couldn't stop until the quest had been done. Oh, how I love kids novels. And I also love scrudging up together in our reading corner and feeling the excitement of 2 kiddles who just love books - such a gift.
Next tuck in and give out eskimo kisses.
Next the light goes off and we pray. We thank God for the day and pray for good dreams and dry beds....mostly our prayers are answered!
Next, I sing hush little baby...really quickly, because it's a hugely long song if you sing it slowly.
One last cuddle and then the kidlets are ready for Blanket Bay and Pillow Harbour.
That's the routine...thought you might like to know...just because you are not here and I miss all of you tonight.

3 comments:

Kt Mac said...

Traditions are so warm, comforting and lovely! I like your nite nite tradition- Too bad if you need a quick good night!!! XXX

Anonymous said...

I think I got the best deal with the hair brushing whilst I read!!Even when you were 17 & Linli 15 you used to come listen to the night time bed reading!!Such fun memories!! Love you, Mumxoxoxo

Calli Strawberry Jam said...

If Mum's hair falls out one day we know why! I'm thinking of making Andrew read to me before we go to bed. Although we have a book of fables in the toilet that is going down pretty well at the moment!