Saturday 24 October 2009

Op Shoppin'

I took the train out to Weesp for some kringloop love on Thursday.  
And I totally got me some second-hand love!  
I know that we're probably going to be moving sometime soon so I should be downsizing the stuff we have to lug about, but I also realise that these may be some of the last chances I have to buy funky stuff in Holland.  It's hard I tell you, hard.  So I bought smallish stuff, it mostly fitted into one calico bag so I figured that it was ok!  I scored brooches, necklaces, a tin (which I smelt before I bought, a good habit to acquire), a wooden thing, a mini bundt pan, a little red suitcase, a few odd pieces of cutlery and a little jewelry box.  Now the only problem is that I'm heading out kringlooping again with some friends on Friday.  This is a dangerous, dangerous situation.

When I arrived back in Amsterdam I realised that I had left my keys in the house because I'd left at the same time as Andrew and he had locked up.  I called Andrew and he zoomed over with his keys, and then we had lunch together.  This was definitely one of those times when something totally annoying and frustrating turned into something fabulous.  I love stolen moments like these.

3 comments:

Triniti the Luddite said...

Your treasures look awesome....I love op shops. I think you have the best ones at the moment for special home deco stuff. I love all that you found but my favourite by far is the red suitcase. I love red at the moment. I just painted my sewing room wall watermelon and covered my chair in a cute yellow...it pops!
Have fun on Friday and remember to show us your treasures.

mum said...

your bundt tin was a good find! I have been trying to buy one old or new for months & can't find one! Will have to try DJ's I think! Love your bits and bobs!

Linny said...

I love your bits too ferry!!!! Ha, ha that made me laugh! I will post soon of my finds from the recycling centre! We too got a good one the other day!