Saturday 14 June 2008

Man in the rain!

I have begun an interesting personal research into 'how people wear rain'. I am in a very good location to do such research as this luminous green land knows oh so well a good down pour. I have noted those who hurry to escape the rain, those who huddle under any form of cover be it umbrella, raincoat, newspaper, those who hide in door ways in the vain hope that it shall end soon and then these people....

People who are either so use to it, so tired of it or far too 'above it' to even acknowledged it is raining. I noted a suited business man who wore the rain like an evening scarf lightly upon his shoulders. This was despite the fact that he was sodden, there was no rushing, no hiding and no admittance of the fact that it was pouring wild mad torrents of water upon us all.

Me being Australia and having just cycled 1 hour in the pour in shorts and teeshirt was laughing hysterically, trying to see through smudged, watered steamy glasses so I didn't have my third bike accident similar to this ....
OUCH!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha! This is hilarious! I actually had to stop and laugh before reading on.
Great stuff

Calli Strawberry Jam said...

Hehehawhaw! Good to have you back, and back with a splash! Nice injection of fun into my study times.

xx

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kirtida (awesome name!) I was astounded someone captured this and wonder if the man continued on his way to work slightly embarrassed and VERY wet! Kt

Calli Strawberry Jam said...

Kt, you should check out Kirtida's blog, I think you'd like it. Just click on her name above and then it will bring up her profile with her blog link on it.

Kt Mac said...

already have cal and yes i like!!